Skype problem with the recording device is one of the major problems faced by thousands of people all over the world. Skype microphone problem or recording device problem can be easily solved if you are little careful and know about audio settings of your operating system. Most of the time it’s not a problem with the recording device but the problem with your microphone itself. Sometimes the people don’t plugin their microphone properly and then they complain that they have a problem with the recording device. I am going to give you some of the common and easy fix methods to solve Skype Problem with recording device.
Follow the below methods step by step so that you don’t miss anything to fix your Skype Problem with Recording Device.
Skype for iPhone is one of the best audio and video calling app on iTunes. Skype is available for all versions of iPhone. If you using iOS 7 and above then you can use the latest version of the Skype for iPhone app from the iTunes. If you are using below iOS 7 then you need to download Skype for iPhone 4.17 which is available for free on iTunes. Skype is also the most popular app in social networking category. It’s available in multiple languages. Skype is also available for Apple watch.
Let’s look at some of the advantages of using Skype for iPhone app:
- You can receive and send instant messages for free to your loved ones in Skype.
- You can also send photos and video files for free.
- Face to face video call can be done over a 3G, 4G and Wi-fi connection. In fact Skype is literally good sometimes over a 2G connection also.
- With the Skype’s, anti shake technology the video calling will be totally smooth. I totally love this feature.
- You can also call other mobiles and landlines with Skype with low cost. You need to take credits in your account for that. It’s much cheaper than others.
System Requirements to install Skype for iPhone app from iTunes:
- iOS 7 and Above – Download Version Skype for iPhone 5.12.2 from iTunes now.
- This version is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This versions works on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S and iPod touch 5th Generation.
- Skype for iPhone 5.12.2 is optimised for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- iOS 5 and iOS 6 – Download version Skype for iPhone 4.17 from iTunes now.
Skype for iPhone is really great app to use. Check out the awesome video made:
Skype for iPhone is available in following languages:
English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
How to Use Skype for iPhone App across all Apple Devices
People who are just starting out Skype for iPhone for the first time must know how to use Skype properly and without any confusion. The user interface is pretty simple and easy. Still you need to understand it for the first time to get used to it. I am going to tell some of the basic functions that you can perform on Skype app.
How to Make Video Calls?
Making video call is very easy. You need to add your friends in the contact list. If you haven’t added them then find them using their Skype ID and add them.
In order to make any video or audio call, you need to allow your iPhone to give permission to use microphone by that app. If you won’t allow microphone permission then you won’t be able to receive or call. Instead you will get a message requesting you to grant access to microphone for Skype. You can allow permission by following simple steps :
- From iPhone’s home screen go to: Settings >> Privacy >> Microphone
- Find Skype from the list on tap on slider to grant microphone permission.
In order to make video calls, you need an iPhone 3GS or newer. You will need to be using iOS 4.3 or higher. Also make sure that you are using the latest version of Skype for iPhone. Follow the simple steps below to make the video call:
- Start Skype.
- Click on PEOPLE to view your contacts.
- People having Camera next to their name can be video called. Select the person whom you want to call.
- Now Click on video call button to start the call.
During the video call you are provided with many options that you can use. Below are some of the options given on the app screen:
- Click this to change between front and back cameras.
- It will turn your microphone on and off.
- You can turn the speakerphone option on/off with this one.
- You can switch to headset with this one.
- Using this one you can view and send your instant messages.
You can not share screens or involve in a group video call on iPhone. However you can share screens on Skype on Windows and Skype on Mac.
Many people might experience bad video quality over Skype. It mainly happens due to bad network. You are required to have 3G/4G or wi-fi connection for good video quality chat. So in order to fix the bad video quality, subscribe to a high speed internet connection.
How to Make Audio Calls?
Making an audio call on Skype is also very easy. Hopefully you added your friends in the contacts. Now you want to make the call to one of your friends. Follow the below steps:
- Click on Skype in your iPhone.
- Click on PEOPLE option on top of the app.
- Click the contact whom you want to call.
- Click the call button at the bottom of the screen.
- Suppose somebody is calling you then you will see a green call button. Simply tap the button to receive the call.
You can call anyone on Skype who’s in your contact list. It doesn’t matter whether they are using the app on Windows, Android mobiles, iPad or Mac. Follow the process above and you will be able to call anyone in your contact list.
How to call on Mobiles and Landlines
Yes, you can make very low cost calls to mobiles and landlines using Skype for iPhone app. You can make domestic calls as well as international calls using the app. However calling mobiles and landlines is not free. You need to take Skype Credits or Subscriptions in your account. Once you take either one of them then you will be able to call any number. Cost per call will be very low as compared to your carrier charges.
Check out the below links to understand more about credit and Subscription.
If you have taken credit or monthly subscription then you can follow the below simple steps to call on mobiles and landlines using the Dialpad:
- Open Skype for iPhone app.
- Click on CALL PHONES or Click on DIAL PAD icon.
- Enter the number and then press the green call button.
- Once you have entered the number then you get the option for saving it right away.
- In latest version, as soon as you type in the number the Skype will start showing you the contacts from your list who matches the number.
If you want to call the person from inside the Skype contacts then follow below steps. However it will only work if they have an associated phone number or landline in their account.
- Open the app from iPhone home screen.
- Click on PEOPLE option at the top of the screen.
- Click on the contact to view their profile.
- Click on VOICE CALL or CALL ICON (in Skype 5) and choose the number you want to call.
You can also call contacts from your iPhone contacts/iPod contacts. All you need to do is follow below 3 simple steps.
- Open Skype.
- Click on PEOPLE >> iPhone Contacts/iPod Contacts. ( In Skype 5, you need to click on dial pad and then click on address book option.)
- Select the contact and click on the phone number. Tap the call icon to make the call.
How can you Start or join a Group Call?
Making a group call is pretty simple. If someone make a group call then he will add your name. So if you are invited in the group call, you will get the call. You simply need to pick up and you can enjoy the call with others.
To start the group call you need to follow the given steps below:
1. Sign in to Skype app.
2. Click on NEW CHAT icon and select the contacts whom you want to add in the group from the contact list shown.
3. Once the whole group is setup then click on the call icon and Skype will call all your friends. When everyone is connected then you are all set to talk.
4. Click on the MORE option to see many more options of managing the group. It given you the options of add favourites, add participants, profile,notifications and more…
Skype is available for iPads too. You need to have iOS 5 and above on your device. You can do same functions on your iPad too. It feels the same. You can also do video messaging in iPad.
If you have opened this link through your iPad then click on the above link. If you haven’t then open playstore on your iPad and search for Skype for iPad and download it. Sign in with your Skype ID. If you don’t have one then register a new one. Add your friends and start chatting or calling right away. If you know your friends Skype ID then you can search the same in the Skype.
If you guys are using old version of Skype and want to get new features then you should update it right away from the Apple Playstore. However it will also degrade some of the old functions. There should not be any problem. If you don’t feel comfortable with the latest version then you can revert back to the previous one at any point of time.
Here are few things that you may want to know about Skype for Business-
Yes you heard me right “Skype for Business “!!!
Most f you must be already using Skype to stay in touch with friends and family in your life, you will be happy with the video/voice calls and more over the simplicity of the application would have impressed the most. But now it’s time for us to get impressed by the power and simplicity of the new “Skype for Business”.
In the new Skype for Business it’s easy to find and connect with co-workers no matter what device you have to reach businesses with an enterprise-grade, secure, IT-managed platform.
If you’re a regular user of the commercial version of Skype, then the “Skype for Business” will look very familiar to you.
Before I could tell you more about the new Skype for Business let me tell you the “Microsoft Lync” now Skype for Business. The Lync of Microsoft which was used as the office communicator worldwide has now become the new “Skype for Business” with few new features.
If you’ve used Lync, you’ll recognize all of the features you already use but in a fresh new interface with simplified controls and some new additions. So now the question is what’s new!
Let me list out few of the things which stand out.
- New look and feel
- Call from Skype for Business using your desk phone for audio
- Integration with the Skype directory
- Call Monitor
- Rate My Call
- Quick access to call controls
- Skype across Devices
New look and feel: This new look of “Skype for Business” is the main attraction and user friendly.
Skype for Business Contacts list of course has all the essential Lync features are still there like the Quick Actions buttons, which let you IM or call a contact and more with just one click or tap.
Contact quick actions: IM, audio, video, contact card, and more
In the Skype Meeting window, the simplified arrangement of controls and menus makes it easy to find the command you need. In the conversation window, chat text is formatted so you can easily see who’s talking, and tabbed conversations allow you to keep track of several discussions at once.
Call from Skype for Business using your desk phone for audio:
If permitted for your organisation, you can integrate Skype for Business with your organizations non-unified communications (UC) phone system, and then select your desk phone or your computer to place calls from. This lets you use Skype for Business to control your desk phone.
In order to integrate your desk phone with Skype for Business Go to view Phones options, and then enable integration with your phone system by checking the check box.
Integration with the Skype directory:
Skype for Business users can connect via the Internet with of millions of Skype user’s from the Skype for Business user interface.
The first step is to search for your contact in the search box main window,
Type a name, IM address, or desk phone number (if they are in your organization). As you type, search results will start appearing below the search box
If the person you are looking for is in your organization, keep the My Contacts tab selected.
If the person you are searching for is not in your organization but you know they have a Skype account, click the Skype Directory tab to search for them among the millions of Skype users.
Knowing their Skype ID and location helps narrow the search quickly.
You can also search using their email address or Microsoft account
Call Monitor is a very nice Skype feature that’s available in Skype for Business.
With the Call Monitor, you can move back and forth between a full Skype for Business window, for when you’re actively participating in the call, and a compact version that lets you continue to monitor call progress while focusing on other tasks.
Rate My Call:
The Rate My Call feature lets Skype for Business Server 2015 administrators collect call data, access standard reports, and export raw data for further analysis. Users are prompted to take a survey after completing a call.
Screen shot of the call quality rating dialog
Quick access to call controls:
Access to the dial pad and call controls is much improved. For public switched telephone network (PSTN) calls, the dial-pad and call controls remain visible throughout the call.
Skype for Business now has the same set of emoticons found in the consumer version of Skype. You can turn off emoticons in Skype for Business by going to Options > IM.
Screen shot showing available emoticons and the control for turning them on and off
Skype across Devices:
Connect with your team or organization from anywhere using your mobile apps across all platforms like Windows, iOS and Android, is enabled by the new Skype for Business also bringing remote participants into meeting of all sizes with Skype for Business has provided the complete Meeting Solution
You can arrange a meeting with up to 250 people even if they’re not having Skype for Business. And all they need is a phone or internet connection. And all the conversations are protected by strong authentication and encryption.
New Skype-for Business iOS app. The new Skype for Business for iOS app brings instant messaging (IM), and voice and video calling to your mobile device. Now the Skype-for Business iOS app is launched to the public, will automatically update the Lync app that was previously installed on users’ iPhones or iPads. Also the new version will resolve some of the issues had experienced by the user earlier.
In addition, users will have an updated dashboard featuring a search bar for locating contacts, a list of upcoming meetings, and a list of recent conversations.The search bar will allow the users to find anyone from their company’s Global Address List by email alias or first or last name, or phone numbers, though the app will also allow users to chat with anyone who uses Skype, even if they’re not part of the organisation . All that’s required is that the other users have a Skype ID.
What’s new about this app.
1. A full-screen video calling experience.
2. Larger mute button.
3. The ability to view content being shared and the speaker’s video at the same time.
If don’t have Lync then you can install Skype for Business for iOS
- Go the App Store on iPhone to go to the App Store and search for Skype for Business.
- Click on Free
Sign in to Skype for Business for the first time
- On your iOS device, Keep passing all pages of apps until you see the Skype for Business icon.
- Tap the Skype for Business icon to open the app.
- Enter your sign-in address and password, and then tap Sign In.
- You will be asked for both a user name and a sign-in address.
- Sign-in screen in for Skype for Business on iOS.
- Enter your mobile number with country and region codes. Tap Next.
- If applicable, choose whether to sign up for the Customer Experience Improvement Program and click next.
- Accept the licensing agreement
Then click done.
Now you have your all new Skype for Business on your iPhone.
The new Skype for business with its new look and simplified controls
Skype for Business runs on iOS 8.0 and later.
How to join a meeting or audio or video conference call
- Open Skype for Business on your iOS device.
- On, under Upcoming section of main screen, tap the meeting you want to join.
- Upcoming meetings screen with one meeting highlighted.
- You can also click the meetings button to see all the items on your calendar.
- Select the meeting that you want to join, and then click Join Meeting.
- If this is an online meeting, you’ll see a Quick Join button.
- Click on it to go straight to the meeting. The Quick Join button is not currently available on iPad.
- You’ll be connected to audio or video using VoIP either by using Wi-Fi or your cellular data plan.
- If you have Skype for Business calls you on your mobile phone and you can accept the Skype for Business call to join the meeting. This happens only when the voice and video call options are switched on n and your device isn’t connected to network.
- If not you can join a Skype for Business meeting or conference call by phone.
- You can even dial in to the meeting from any phone by dialing in the “Join by Phone numbers” given in the list in the meeting invitation.
“Wait in the meeting lobby”
The is something g called “Meeting Lobby”
Sometimes you may be kept in lobby and will receive a message as “Wait in the meeting lobby”
This meeting lobby is an online waiting area, which will be controlled by the meeting leader.
Meeting leader controls access to the meeting so you might need to wait until the meeting leader admits you in. If you’re waiting in the lobby, don’t jump to other applications as your request to join the meeting will be cancelled.