Even if you are not so tech savvy, you have probably heard about Skype and the numerous features that this application is offering. What is good to point out is that this is a completely free app, that allows free communication with the entire world by sharing messages, contacts and making phone and video calls to any other users. This definitely sounds like a convenient way for communication.
However, in order to start using all the great features of Skype, you will need to create a Skype account first. That’s why we have decided to share a step-by-step guide for you. It won’t take much time before you install this app, create an account and start enjoying the many benefits that Skype brings.
- To start with, visit the official website at skype.com. Once you are there, click the “downloads” section. You will notice that there are Skype versions for different operating systems. So, for instance, if you use an iPhone, download Skype for iPhone (iOS). After downloading the setup file, running it and actually installing it on your device, it is time to start creating your own, unique account.
- Once you have opened the “Create a new Skype account” window, you will notice the Full Name field. Obviously, you should enter your full name. Don’t use fake names because your friends and coworkers won’t be able to find you. In the field Create Skype Name you can use a nickname or any other Skype name you find interesting. Choose a name that will make you recognizable on Skype. Keep in mind that the Skype name must contain between 6 and 32 characters and it can’t contain free spaces.
- In the Password field type the password that you will use. This password will prevent other people from using your account. The password must contain between 6 and 20 characters. At least one of the characters must be a number or letter in case all the other characters are numbers. In the field Repeat Password type in the same password again.
- In the Email field type your email address. Make sure that you have used the correct email address because this email is used in case you forget your password. In the Repeat Email field, type the same email address again. Once you are done, click the “I Agree – Create account” button.
- In case everything is fine, you can start using your Skype account right away. However, if the Skype name is already taken, you will receive a message which will inform you that the name is taken and you will also get a few suggestions. You can also choose a completely different Skype name. Once you choose a name, click the Create account button in the lower right corner.
- When you choose a name that’s available, you will see the Skype welcome screen. Next, click the Get Started button and you are good to go.
Using Skype is very simple, so you won’t need any special explanation to start sending messages or making video or phone calls. If you need help you can always use the Help section. You can even browse our simple guides of how to use skype, how to make conference call on skype and how to delete skype account.